Re: What is SVG?

Jason,
	Checked out both sites, and couldn't find an example of what SVG does.
Lots of verbage, but no "let me see" ... There is a comparison of a graphic
in png and svg, which shows svg enlarged nicely next to a png that was too
small to increase. But the alt tag for the enlarged graphic was "enlarged
svg", and provided no further information on the graphic. What am I
missing? Nothing I did on the small svg graphic caused it to enlarge.

    Further, although I've seen png somewhere in my graphics tools, it
isn't a format I use. I use mostly jpg and sometimes bmp (reduced to jpg).
Neither of these were mentioned.

    As best I could tell, the only difference between jpg and svg is that
svg lets you do "something" with a description, but I couldn't see an
example of what that "something" is. Is it there, and I didn't look long
enough at the site? (I hate horribly long pages that have to include a
table of contents!)

Seems it's a long way to go to insure that graphics get alt tags, and a way
fraught with better choices to do the same thing...

					Anne

PS: I'm not a math or an art major and have no idea what the difference
between vector graphics and raster graphics is ... couldn't get even a
pinch of a clue by reading the information.

At 11:19 AM 10/31/00 +1100, Jason White wrote:
>SVG is a graphics format currently under development by W3C. See
>http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/ for further details, including the
>excellent note entitled Acessibility Features of SVG:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG-access/

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1
http://www.erols.com/stevepem/Homeschooling