Re: Question from Last Week's WCAG Teleconference

Wendy, Sorry to be late bringing up this matter, but in reading your newest
version, I remembered a common use of text in a graphic that may need to be
considered. That is the copyright symbol and name of the photographer
frequently included on web graphics to prevent theft of work ... Most of
the train pictures my husband uses as everchanging wallpaper have a
copyright of the photographer. If this is separated from the photo, a user
could download the photo sans credit, which may not fly well with
photographers ...

				Anne

At 05:03 PM 10/25/00 -0400, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>Therefore, I modify my proposal to read:
>information. [Priority 2] This checkpoint is strongly tied to checkpoint
11.1.
>Note: Until style and graphic markup languages are more common, minimize
>the use of text in images. For example, use HTML text styled with CSS.
>Choose common fonts (such as Arial and Times) that can be rendered using
>CSS. You may use text in images for logos and limited accent elements where
>specialized fonts and text treatments are required and cannot be achieved
>with CSS.
>
>--wendy

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1