RE: Len's CSS solution for the text in image problem - will des adopt? -your joking

All  that can be addressed by prioritizing, and other "interface"
suggestions.
This guideline should anyway not be a priority 1. With a proper text
alternative it is accessible, but it is still difficult to access. It just
is - sorry.

and by the way there is nothing "impossible"  about writing text as text.

It is also not "unattainable". It is just that people may not _want_ to do
this. Want.

But a few lawsuits may change that a lot better then corrupted guidelines.

The current proposal sounds to me like an internal policy set by a company,
so that they can say "look at me, I am a disabled friendly company" whilst
doing exactly what they want.

Now I am a big fan of helping make the guidelines easy to follow and
implement, but if we start saying inaccessible design is ok, because it is
what companies and business want, we have crossed line that is inappropriate
for a non profit.

Note: no criticism is intended in this email, we live in a financially
oriented world, I know. We get used to being "pragmatic". The proposal was
an apropriate response to the requests of the group.

Yours, -fed up