Re: Why CSS On Older Browsers Is Broken

At 12:50 AM 9/30/00 -0400, Gregory J. Rosmaita wrote:
>...so it's a matter of survival for page authors to begin to think in
>terms of device independence, interoperability, and usability (of which
>accessibility is, if not a subset, then a facet)...

There are several key points in this post by Gregory but this one is one of
the least understood. Our "Accessibility" (PWDs' access) has occupied our
attention but I would like to submit that the conventional use of
"accessibility" (ease of access to) should at least equally be in our
minds. The Web is definitely in danger of being an anchor instead of a
balloon for the whole planet, rather than just the half often spoken of.
The route to an Accessible Web does go through a couple of Tim
Berners-Lee's catch-phrases "The Semantic Web" and "The Web of Trust" -
both areas on which WAI focuses heavily. We should intensify making these
connections.

Many of the "less than Priority 1" guidelines are actually very important
to (lower-case) accessibility and need our attention.

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE