Re: EARL Announcement

I'd suggest we leave it alone.

I see Daniels point that it doesn't fully describe repair at this time.

However, we don't want to paint ourselves into a corner where we can't add
it.  So it has that potential, even it it's not in the intitial release.

And even now, it can be used FOR repair.

Also, "Report" sounds too much like just one of the applications, making a
human readable output summarizing the results.  So it makes it too narrow,
and we need to omit the name "report".  This leaves the "R" in EARL meaning
nothing.

If someone can think of some meaningless thing for R to stand for that
would be OK with me.

Having said all that, if the consensus of others is to make it Evaluation
and Report Language, I'll go along with it.

Len

--
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/