Re: Components "slides" - more questions

At 05:14 PM 9/13/2006, Shawn Henry wrote:
At 05:14 PM 9/13/2006, you wrote:

>Dear EOWG Participants:
>
>Below are questions I had when working on the latest revision of the
>Self-Study "Slides" for Components of Web Accessibility at:
>         http://www.w3.org/Talks/wai-components/all-extended.htm
>
>Feel free to share your ideas in e-mail; we may or may not discuss
>some of these during the teleconference.
>(numbering continued from below)

It is important to have alt text available, particularly on the image
where you describe it: presumably in due time.

>5. How does "Ingredients" work (instead of Components)?

Aren't these just "tools"  We're not baking a cake!

>6. The 4th slide and related slides have "Making Web Content". Is
>"Creating Web Content" better than "Making"? Note the parallel is
>"Getting Web Content" and we want this to use very simple, easy to
>understand language.

I prefer creating.

>7. What about "usually" in: "Web content developers usually use
>authoring tools and evaluation tools to create Web content."? The
>sentence is simpler without it; however it's not true that all "Web
>content developers use... evaluation tools..." OK to leave "usually"
>out anyway?

Wish I had an authoring tool that does what they purportedly do. Thank goodness
for tidy, and the variety of inaccessibility analysis tools.

>8. In Assistive Technologies Getting Web Content, is it useful to
>also include the "official" definition?
>
>9. In Evaluation Tools in Making Web Content, should we add a note
>with links to Selecting Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools

Yes -- and somewhere tidy should be mentioned.

><http://www.w3.org/WAI/eval/selectingtools.html> and Web
>Accessibility Evaluation Tools List Search
><http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tools>? While it would be useful, we don't
>want to clutter this with too many links to other documents.
>
>10. In The Powerful Impact of High Quality Ingredients, shall we
>include "Once user agents and assistive technologies support it,
>users will learn how to use the feature", or not include it in order
>to simplify the slide since that's not a key point we want to make.

Yes; shouldn't we confess to inadequacy of current authoring tools.