Re: B C, evaluating web sites ....

At 01:11 PM 7/20/01 +0200, Helle Bjarnø wrote:
>As I was looking at Judy's revision from yesterday  (great!) I thought that
>maybe we should put something in the introduction and/or in chapter XX about
>the fact that in some countries they only have a few (or one) translated
>screen readers , but if your market place is international then the
>situation may be different in other countries and therefore you should still
>test with other tools than the national/localized tools. eg. Lynx-Me even if
>it's not used in your own country. I think this consideration goes for the
>browsers too people in other places might not be at the same general IT
>level as we are used to.

Yes! Let's add this.

>I often find it difficult to make web designers or webmasters understand
>that they must do more than just make their site compliant to what is
>accessible to a given screen reader. I know it's difficult if it is the
>webmaster from a local county; maybe if we put in some words about the
>importance of being part of the international society etc.

Am hoping that the latest info under "simple review" will help convey that
concept.

>By the way
>It took me a while to find out what HPR is <smile>

Sorry Helle, last night I had been just throwing down words on the page,
while talking with Wendy about different review ideas, and then had to go
to sleep, so that was a partial revision you saw. Cleaned it up some this
morning but realize it's still going to take more time to get the page
clean.... so eventually there will not be cryptic acronyms on the page.

- Judy

>Kind regards
>Helle Bjarno
>Visual Impairment Knowledge Centre
>e-mail: hbj@visinfo.dk
>http://www.visinfo.dk/
>phone: +45 39 46 01 04, fax: +45 30 61 94 14
>mail: Rymarksvej 1, 2900 Hellerup, Denmark.

World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)