outreach update

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 07:19:43 -0400 (EDT)
To: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
cc: EO WG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
I can't recall how long it is since I sent an update.

I gave a presentation on accessibility at Monash University, and another
(essentially the same) at RMIT university - in each case to audiences who
were primarily staff involved in web development or teaching it.

I attended a meeting of a Melbourne accessibility group, with a presentation
of the Deaf Australia Online projects - interesting. Essentially they are
asking for significant multimedia content, including signed "captions", where
possible (or where you want the audience to be interested...)

I attended the W3C/WAP multimodal workshop in Hong Kong. Among other things
they are looking for use cases for multimodal devices (for example phones
that can handle graphics, text, or speech in/out).

cheers

Charles McCN

September - November 2000:
W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France