Re: Accessible HTML in Browsers??

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:12:48 +0100
To: "B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong@naw.org>
cc: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org

> Does anyone know who I should talk to regarding how certain HTML tags and
> attributes function? For instance, Netscape says they've managed to get
> LONGDESC to function in their latest build of NGLAYOUT. However....they
> don't know how it should be implemented. They know it's supposed to be a
> URI but what happeneds if someone has a graphic that links somewhere else
> but also has a longdesc attribute?

There is no recommended technique, it's really browser/platorm
dependent.

On Windows/IE, you can hit F14 or something like that, and get a
propoerty sheet with a direct link to the longdesc doc.

On another platform, right button click and a context sensitive menu.

On another platform, a little D-link might be added inline.