Re: Next steps: Conformance Reviews? HWG, etc.

aloha, kynn!

while i'd welcome an eval of HomeSite by fred, i just wanted to let you know
that i have actually begun my long-delayed update of my conformance eval of
HomeSite 4.01 by testing HomeSite 4.5 with JFW 3.5 against the final draft...
it is up to fred whether he wants to duplicate this work or not -- i personally
think that it would be interesting to compare his perspective to mine (i.e. how
the ATAG impacts an author versus how it impacts an author with a
disability)... or, he might want to evaluate ColdFusion Studio, if he so
chooses and is familiar with that particular Allaire product...

gregory.

PS: i'm also trying to clear time to finish my long-delayed eval of HoTMetaL
6.0
PPS: list of current authoring tool reviews is available at:
        http://www.w3.org/wai/au/reviews/
my HomeSite 4.01 eval against the Last Call draft is at:
        http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/reviews/homesite-19991007.html
PPPS: charles -- you still have the wrong URI listed in the HREF for the
HomeSite eval linked from the Review page -- it points to an earlier iteration,
rather than the one listed above

At 10:22 AM 2/4/00 -0800, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>At 07:04 AM 2/3/2000 , Jutta Treviranus wrote:
>>Despite our recent impressive achievement, now is not the time to rest on
>>our laurels (grin).
>
>Fred Barnett, a member of the HTML Writers Guild's governing board
>who has experience using and reviewing authoring tools is interested
>in writing a review of Allaire's Homesite product to evaluate how
>it complies with ATAG.
>
>Would this be a useful project for him to undertake?
>
>The HTML Writers Guild's greatest resource is our huge membership
>base -- and our membership base includes a -lot- of people who
>use authoring tools.  It may be possible to find more volunteers
>who likewise could spend some time evaluating their favorite
>authoring tools.  Would -that- be a useful project as well?
>
>(If it's not possible/useful as a W3C project -- it could be useful
>as a HWG project posted on our AWARE Center site.)
>
>Opinions?
>
>--
>Kynn Bartlett                                    mailto:kynn@hwg.org
>President, HTML Writers Guild                    http://www.hwg.org/
>AWARE Center Director                          http://aware.hwg.org/

He that lives on Hope, dies farting
     -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
   WebMaster and Minister of Propaganda, VICUG NYC
        <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html>