RE: use of meta data to keep track of checks by tools

Is it really appropriate that it be the responsibility of whoever (wherever)
is *hosting* the tool have the responsibility of tracking each file/site
that has been checked/repaired?  Does the W3C Validator keep a log of who
uses it and if they passed or not what errors they had and did they visit
again?

I am not sure that cookies would be a good mechanism for this either.

The ability to address this feature *is* very important.  IMHO, the lack of
this option severely limits the utility of Bobby.  Probably the way a
Bobby-like program should work is with a command line option to dismiss
certain tests/checks that the page *author* is sure have been addressed.

http://www.w3.org/WAI
21 Mitchell Street, Footscray, VIC 3011,  Australia