Re: null alt revisited

At 02:16 p.m. 04/08/99 -0400, Mike Paciello wrote:
>What bothers me about this conversation is that those participating are all
>people with sight. I think the discussion is almost pointless until you
>properly observe and study the user's experience.

At risk of repeating myself and at larger risk of being misunderstood,
I will again point out that accessibility is for everyone :), not
just one set (be that "people who can see" or "people who can't
see" or whatever) and thus my statements (or anyone's statements) on
what makes the web more useful for _them_ should be as valid as anyone
else's statements. :)

So I'm saying that as a non-graphics-using web surfer, I have _this_
opinion.  Which, yes, is just an opinion, but then so is everyone
else's, including blind folks.  Sure, I want to hear their opinions,
but for _my_ special needs -- using a browser without graphics --
this is what I feel I'd like. :)

I hope the PC police don't shoot me.  Remember, accessibility for
everyone!  Accessibility for everyone!  aaaaaa they're coming to
take me aawaaaaaaaay