Re: null alt revisited

Every now and then I stick my nose in as I follow these conversations. I
apologize for interrupting anyone's train of thought.

What bothers me about this conversation is that those participating are all
people with sight. I think the discussion is almost pointless until you
properly observe and study the user's experience. In this situation,
minimally, users who are blind and who use voice-output user agents (or
UA's with screen readers). Also those accessing the web via refreshable
braille displays.  Collect and analyze the data. Then perform the same
controlled tasks with users who are visual but use non-visual user agents
(phone browsers, text-browsers, etc..). Collect and analyze that data.
Compare the two studies. The result would give you the basis for developing
a guideline that INDUSTRY could fine reliable. Until then, it's nothing
more than an opinion.

- Mike