Re: null alt revisited

...thus my point that you need to observe both types of users. Establish
some basis for creating the guideline. Perhaps IBM has done this already?
I just think that guidelines that are as debatable as this one need a
foundation to work from. Otherwise these discussions are endless circles of
opinions and not established criteria. (By the way, I'm not saying that the
guidelines as a unit are debatable. Just this particular guideline).

- Mike