Re: Restarting W3C Volunteer Translation Tracking

Hi Jean-Christophe,

Le 28/09/2018 à 15:24, Jean-Christophe Helary a écrit :
> A system like Github (or Gitlab ?) would certainly offer a number of benefits in terms of organisation (the idea of using issues to signal one's will to start a translation is really nice), but to ease the process of translating in teams, it would also be nice to offer/suggest processes that allow for the sharing of assets (glossaries, TMs, etc.)
>
> For example, an hosted git server is all we need to have teams simultaneously work on a translation by using a tool such as OmegaT, which directly processes HTML, and is also made to work with ITS processed files output from Rainbow (Okapi Framework), if necessary. The Linux Foundation seems to have a number of projects that work under such settings.

Thanks - I have indeed been wondering about the opportunity to
facilitate the use of or integration with existing translation tools and
workflows, and I very much appreciate you listing some of these here,
since I must confess I'm not very familiar with them.

My current focus is specifically on restarting a translation program,
and is thus limited in scope in terms of improvements of this kind; but
once the new program is up and running, I will include in the next phase
investigation both our own capability in integrating with these tools as
well as the appetite from the community in such an integration.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Dom