Re: WCAG 2.0 material translation to Amharic

On Thu, 01 Nov 2012 23:06:30 +0100, Danny Avital <dannyavital83@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am writing these lines from Israel, where we were blessed with a large
> immigration from Ethiopia. At this time we have a large community of
> young
> adults that came to the country as young children or grew in an Amharic
> speaking homes. I believe that harnessing the local community, of IT
> savvy
> Israeli-Ethiopians, to translate valid materials to Amharic could empower
> Amharic speakers that do not share access to translated data sources in
> their native tongue. I would like to volunteer and start by translating
> some material using professional translators and later on harness the
> community to carry on the torch.
>
> I would like to start with the following prioritizes and stable
> materials:
> *WCAG 2.0 short materials*
>
>    - Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Overview
>       - status: stable
>       - www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag.html <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag>
>    - WCAG 2.0 at a Glance
>       - status: mostly stable, one minor edit possible in late 2011
>       - www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/glance/
>    - The WCAG 2.0 Documents
>       - status: stable
>       - www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag20.php
>

> Awaiting your reply,
> Best regards,
> Daniel Avital.

Dear Denial

Thank you for your note. You are welcome to proceed.
When you are done with your translations (one after the other, or at
once), please write back to w3c-translators@w3.org to give URIs to your
translation(s); this will serve as accouncement that your translations are
completed.

I have cc'ed the internal Web Accessibility Initiative mailing list. You
may cc: this list in your announcement(s) of translations completed.

   Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Communications Team  -  http://www.w3.org
      W3C/ERCIM - B219 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR
mailto:coralie@w3.org +33492387590 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/