WCAG 2.0 material translation to Amharic

From: Danny Avital <dannyavital83@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 22:06:30 +0000
To: "w3c-translators@w3.org" <w3c-translators@w3.org>
Hi,

I am writing these lines from Israel, where we were blessed with a large
immigration from Ethiopia. At this time we have a large community of young
adults that came to the country as young children or grew in an Amharic
speaking homes. I believe that harnessing the local community, of IT savvy
Israeli-Ethiopians, to translate valid materials to Amharic could empower
Amharic speakers that do not share access to translated data sources in
their native tongue. I would like to volunteer and start by translating
some material using professional translators and later on harness the
community to carry on the torch.

I would like to start with the following prioritizes and stable materials:
*WCAG 2.0 short materials*

   - Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Overview
      - status: stable
      - www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag.html <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag>
   - WCAG 2.0 at a Glance
      - status: mostly stable, one minor edit possible in late 2011
      - www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/glance/
   - The WCAG 2.0 Documents
      - status: stable
      - www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag20.php