Re: W3C Translations

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 13:59:34 +0100, Ольга Гриняева
<grinyaevaolga@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, w3c
>> >
>> > I'm very interesting took part in translations of W3 Documents.
>> > Can I start to translate some documents to Kazakh ?
>> > II want to start with
>> >
> http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS-access
>

>> > Can I start working on translation or I have to wait for your
> acceptance?
>
> Best wishes,
> Olga Griniaeva

Hello Olga

Thanks for writing.

You may go ahead with the Translations. None of the documents you've
selected have been translated into Kazakh yet and I am not finding in the
w3c-translators archive any recent intention of translation.

Let w3c-translators know of the URIs of your translations when they are
ready.

If you're not familiar with the volunteer translations, a basic "how-to"
is to:

1) copy the original document,
2) translate it,
3) add a disclaimer (usually near the top) to indicate that this is a
translation which may contain errors and that the normative version is the
original English document hosted at the W3C website [with a link to the
original document],
4) host it on your website,
5) check validity [1] and links [2], and
6) send the URI and title in target language to w3c-translators@w3.org

[1] http://validator.w3.org/unicorn/
[2] http://validator.w3.org/checklink/

--
Coralie Mercier - Communications Team - Incubator Activity Lead
      W3C/ERCIM - N212 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR