Re: Translation of article "CSS tutorial starting with HTML + CSS"

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 09:50:52 +0100, Ig0r <ig0r.gladkiy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Here
> (http://rozetka.com.ua/news-articles-promotions/articles/html_css.html)
> is my roumanian translation
> of article "CSS tutorial starting with HTML + CSS"
> (http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/011/firstcss.en.html)
>
> Your comments and advices are welcome.
>
> Best Regards,
> Igor Gladkiy

Hello Igor

Thanks for this translation. A few comments before we can take it into
account.

Could you update these parts in Cyrillic in the code:

[[
]]

[[
data="http://rozetka.com.ua/news-articles-promotions/articles/html_css.html/mypage00.htm"><p><a
href="http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/011/mypage.html">[Законченная HTML
]]

I also see this which you might want to update the mailto: part, lest
Дмитрий Красников (Dmitry Krasnikov) is contacted in your stead:

[[
Autorul traducerii: Igor Gladkiy <a
href="mailto:dk-resume@yandex.ru">Ig0r.Gladkiy@gmail.com</a>
]]

There is a broken link to fix:
<http://validator.w3.org/checklink/checklink?uri=http%3A%2F%2Frozetka.com.ua%2Fnews-articles-promotions%2Farticles%2Fhtml_css.html&hide_type=all&depth=&check=Check>

[[
  Line: 36
http://rozetka.com.ua/news-articles-promotions/articles/HTML%20+%20CSS_files/ting0000.mp3
redirected to
http://rozetka.com.ua/news-articles-promotions/articles/HTML%20+%20CSS_files/ting0000.mp3/
]]

Looking at the original document, the line reads:
[[  div.advanced {cue: url(ting.mp3) url(tingting.mp3)} ]]
The location of that file in the original document is:
<http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/011/tingting.mp3>
I advise that either you link to this, or you copy the mp3 locally and
point to this instead.

Also, there is font display issue with your document. A colleague of mine
advised that you should remove the Gill Sans settings from the body tag in:
<http://rozetka.com.ua/news-articles-promotions/articles/html_css.html/threepar.css>

I ran the markup validator on your document and it reports 185 errors.
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Frozetka.com.ua%2Fnews-articles-promotions%2Farticles%2Fhtml_css.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0>

This is because you're using the wrong doctype. You declared XHTML 1.0
Transitional but your markup looks like HTML4.

If I override the automatic detection and force HTML 4 transitional, the
validator reports 2 errors:
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Frozetka.com.ua%2Fnews-articles-promotions%2Farticles%2Fhtml_css.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=HTML+4.01+Transitional&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.1>

Coralie Mercier - Communications Team - Incubator Activity Lead
      W3C/ERCIM - N212 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR
mailto:coralie@w3.org +33492387590 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/