Re: Translation

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:26:21 +0100, eugene9999 Евгений <eugene9999@tut.by>
wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I'am a student of linguistic university and would like to offer you my
> translation of your materials into Russian.
> For example I can translate this page http://www.w3.org/TR/backplane/.
>
> Let me know how can I start.
>
> Yours faithfully,
> Eugene

Hello Eugene.

Thanks for writing. You're welcome to translate the document into Russian.

The basic "how-to" is to:

1) copy the original document,
2) translate it (make sure to add hreflang="en" to any link to English
material that you do not translate),
3) add a disclaimer (usually near the top) to indicate that this is a
translation which may contain errors and that the normative version is the
original English document hosted at the W3C website [with a link to the
original document],
4) host it on your website,
5) check validity [1] and links [2], and
6) send the URI and title in Russian to w3c-translators@w3.org

[1] http://validator.w3.org/unicorn/
[2] http://validator.w3.org/checklink/

Coralie Mercier - Communications Team - Incubator Activity Lead
      W3C/ERCIM - N212 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR
mailto:coralie@w3.org +33492387590 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/