Re: Consult

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 09:50:44 +0200
To: "w3c-translators@w3.org" <w3c-translators@w3.org>, "Diego Morales" <dmorales@innovacion.gob.pa>, "Coralie Mercier" <coralie@w3.org>
Hola Diego

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 17:10:11 +0200, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org> wrote:

> Hello Diego
>
> For the legal aspects of Translations of W3C material, please, refer to:
>    http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620#translate

You should also look at the Authorised translation process:
http://www.w3.org/2005/02/TranslationPolicy

I believe that some things have been done in Spanish already, but this is
a useful thing to do, since those translations have been checked by a
number of people. If you are translating for government regulations, I
expect the quality to be good, so making them authorised translations will
be relatively easy, and useful both for you (to get them checked
carefully) and the rest of the hispanohablante world.

> Out of curiosity what is the list of standards you'd like to translate?
> Did you check whether our Translations database offers a Spanish version?

cheers

Chaals