Re: Consult

Hello Diego

For the legal aspects of Translations of W3C material, please, refer to:
   http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620#translate

Which reads that you need to agree with two terms:

  - The translation may be redistributed according to the W3C Document
License.
    cf. http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-documents.html

  - The W3C may rescind your right to publish or distribute the derivative
    work if the W3C finds that it leads to confusion regarding the original
    document's status or integrity.

Then, for the translations themselves, each document that you translate
need to bear a disclaimer (in Spanish) that must include:

  - the reference to the original document with a link
  - a note that the normative version of the specification/document is the
English version found at the W3C site.
  - a note that the translated document may contain errors from the
translation.

Out of curiosity what is the list of standards you'd like to translate?
Did you check whether our Translations database offers a Spanish version?

The following query returns all available Spanish translations that were
produced by volunteer translators, and for which W3C can not guarantee the
quality or accuracy:
<http://www.w3.org/2005/11/Translations/Query?lang=es&translator=any&date=any&docSelection=any&rec=none&note=none&tut=none&wai=none&i18n=none&qa=none&misc=none&sorting=byTechnology&output=FullHTML&submit=Submit>

Coralie

--
Coralie Mercier - Communications Team - Incubator Activity Lead
      W3C/ERCIM - N212 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR