Re: Can't I post any temporary, working or partial translations to IG Wiki placed inside w3c.org?

Dear Kimitaka Suzumizaki

Thanks for writing.
I have several answers, in addition to the ones you received with the same
message in other W3C fora.

You may enquire within the HTML5 Japanese Interest Group what edits you
are welcome to make on the wiki.
There is nothing preventing from working on translations, even partially,
and you may very well put your work on a wiki, if the IG is agreeable.

However, there are a three things that apply in your case.

1) Announcing intention of translation to the w3c-translators@w3.org list
is always a good idea. It gives notice to people and avoids possible
duplication of work. You can find a template e-mail on the Translations
homepage:
   http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/#volunteer

2) We usually advise against translating documents that are in draft form,
because of their unstable nature and because they are subject to constant
change. That being said, I understand that it is crucial to the HTML5
Japanese IG work to be able to understand drafts and that translating them
does make sense. By all means, please, use the latest drafts.

3) Please, make sure you have read the information on translations in our
W3C Intellectual Property FAQ
(http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ.html#translate). Your
translation(s) will need to bear a prominent disclaimer in which you
disclose, (1) the title of and link to the original English document, (2)
that your document is a translation which may contain errors, and (3) that
the original English document on the W3C website is the one that is
official. (Items (2) and (3) must be in the target language.)

--
Coralie Mercier - Communications Team - Incubator Activity Lead
      W3C/ERCIM - N212 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR