Re: finished hindi translation of web stylesheets homepage

Hello Axel,

On Tuesday 11 August 2009, Axel Friedrich wrote:
> Dear list, dear Coralie, dear Bert,
>
> as mentioned in a mail earlier I - or better we - doing right now
> translations of the web stylesheets homepage into several languages.
> We dont focus on niche languages and selected some of the "bigger"
> ones: arabic, hindi, bengali, korean and hebrew
> The first translation of this package was finished today: hindi
> As always: the work was done by a native speaking friend of mine so
> you can expect a very high quality result:

Very nice! I have made the links already, but can you fix the following
small errors?

> original: http://www.w3.org/Style/
> translated document:  http://www.webstyles.in/Style/index.html

There are two occurrences of "<br/>" that should be "<br>". (The extra
slash is a characteristic of XML, but this page isn't using XML.)

> original: http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/
> translated document:  http://www.webstyles.in/Style/CSS/index.html

I recommend to replace the <html> with <html lang=hi>. The style sheet
has some language-dependent features, e.g., it doesn't justify Hindi,
because some older versions of Firefox had problems with that. There
may be other language-dependent styles in the future.

> original: http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/learning
> translated document:  http://www.webstyles.in/Style/CSS/learning.html

This has the same two <br/> tags that should be <br>.

It also doesn't have the lang=hi attribute on the <html> element.

> original: http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Buttons
> translated document:
> http://www.webstyles.in/Style/CSS/Buttons/index.html

The same two <br/> tags...