Re: To translate to Burmese

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 18:26:26 +0100, Tun Tun Aung
<tuntunaung.myanmar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> My name is Tun Tun Aung from Burma. I am working for National Health and
> Education Committee (Burma) as a Information Officer.
> I want to translate English W3C documents to Burmese (Myanmar).
>
> So, Please guide to me, where should I start.
>

> Regards,

Thank you for writing.

I suppose you have perused the W3C translations home page at
   http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/

Where you should start is entirely up to you.

We recommend you translate stable documents such as:
     * W3C Recommendations: these are stable documents, their translations
will have the greatest impact.
     * Group Notes: these represent Working Group (or Interest Group)
output and may be useful as support material for a Recommendation.
     * W3C Outreach materials: these documents may be very useful but
please note that they do not necessarily represent the consensus of W3C
and may be unstable. You should contact the author(s) before translating
to confirm the stability of the document.

Some activities within W3C, such as WAI, QA and Internationalization (I
saw Richard already contacted you personally about that), maintain a list
of documents to translate:
   http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/#docs

A while ago I compiled a list of tips for volunteer translators. If you'd
like to read, it is archived at:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/2006JulSep/0047.html

Coralie Mercier      W3C Communications Team      mailto:coralie@w3.org
ERCIM/W3C - N112 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06560 Sophia Antipolis - FR
T:+33(0)492387590 F:+33(0)492387822  http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/