Re: CSS 2.1 translation

[+cc: Bert Bos, Editor of the document, for information]

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:51:40 +0100, Илья Кантор <iliakan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I'd like to inquire about the plans for CSS 2.1.
>
> Personally, I'd like to translate it into Russian,
> but its current status stops me from doing that.
>
> The specification is large and I don't want spend efforts to see that
> new version is available soon
> and I need to redo all the stuff.
>
> Could you explain these moments for me as a translator ?
>
> Is anyone translating CSS 2.1 right now ?
>
> Yours,
> Ilya Kantor

Hello Ilya

Thank you for writing.

You are right. CSS 2.1 being a Candidate Rec. [1], it is not stable enough
to consider it translation material.
We advise translators to focus on stable documents instead.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-CSS21-20070719/

To the best of my knowledge, nobody is currently translating it (there
have been enquiries in the past [2], however).

[2]
<http://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/search?type-index=w3c-translators&index-type=t&keywords=css+2.1&search=Search>

Coralie Mercier      W3C Communications Team      mailto:coralie@w3.org
ERCIM/W3C - N112 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06560 Sophia Antipolis - FR
T:+33(0)492387590 F:+33(0)492387822  http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/