Re: "CSS WG members" into belarusian (be)

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:48:48 +0100, Jens Meiert <jens@meiert.com> wrote:

>> I'm starting translation of:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/members
>>
>> into Belarusian language (be).
>
> I hope I may raise the doubt if that's such a good choice. Is that
> document really that important and useful?

Hello Jens, all

Thanks for writing about this topic.

The importance and usefulness of this document are in the eye of the
beholder.
Bert Bos, maintainer of the CSS WG pages doesn't mind at all the various
efforts of translations.

However, there are documents that the W3C specifically encourage
translators to work on.
The "What to translate?" section [1] of the Translations home page gives a
description.

We welcome many translations but appreciate particularly those of W3C
Recommendations, group notes, FAQs tutorials and articles, but also
documents specific to the WAI domain, the Quality Assurance Library as
well as articles and tutorials of the Internationalization Activity.

Looking forward to the translators community continued contributions.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/#docs

--
Coralie Mercier      W3C Communications Team      mailto:coralie@w3.org
ERCIM/W3C - N112 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06560 Sophia Antipolis - FR