WCAG2.0 CR translation(s) - Re: French translation of WCAG 2.0

From: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 17:32:47 +0200
To: julien.quere@supinfo.com, w3c-translators@w3.org
Cc: "w3t-wai@w3.org" <w3t-wai@w3.org>

On Sat, 17 May 2008 12:36:07 +0200, Julien Quéré
<julien.quere@supinfo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm writing to you because I plan to make a french translation of the
> ''Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0'' doccument
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/CR-WCAG20-20080430/). Is anybody planning to
> do the same thing ? In that case, can I help ?
>
> Thanks by advance.

Bonjour Julien,

Thanks for writing.

We usually advise against translating draft documents (as well as any
other unstable document), but in the case of the WCAG 2.0 candidate
recommendation, we are making an exception and welcome your request.

Please, note that the document is a draft and is subject to change at any
time.

The WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) team would be interested in
comments and feedback on the translatability of the document.

If you are new to the Translations process, please, have a look at the
summary of tips and guidelines:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/2006JulSep/0047.html

Coralie Mercier      W3C Communications Team      mailto:coralie@w3.org
ERCIM/W3C - N112 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06560 Sophia Antipolis - FR
T:+33(0)492387590 F:+33(0)492387822  http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/