Re: mistakes in translated text - LT

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:23:04 +0200, Andrius Survila <asurvila@inbox.lv>
wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern
> It is always pleasant to know that there are people who render their
> service free; however, this should not be done at the expense of
> quality.
> I have made an express check on the Lithuanian version using just two
> clicks to navigate from the W3C main page to
> http://www.zongoo.com/xml-in-10-points.html , and one of the first
> words that caught my eye was &ldquo;pagrindinūų&rdquo;, which is a
> clear indication that this text was not even checked with a simple
> spelling program (but the typist/translator did most probably not
> watch what he was typing, as it was quite an awkward misspelling ).
> Actually, I did not want to proceed with checking any longer, since I
> was already sure the text contained lots of mistakes... I have just
> looked at the text for the second time, and I immediately noticed
> another mistake in &ldquo;teksttai&rdquo; (double &ldquo;t&rdquo;
> instead of singular &ldquo;t&rdquo;). Really, it is already enough to
> say this text must be seriously corrected.
> Sincerely,
>
> Andrius Survila
>
> Advertisement:
>
> Jaunais INBOX FUN! FUN visiem - www.fun.inbox.lv

Dear Andrius Survila

Thank you for your feedback on this and thank you for writing. I will
contact the translator of this document and see if they can do anything
about it.

Translations are prepared by volunteers to help the communities around the
World understanding the W3C technologies and, as such, most of them have
an informative and unofficial character.

That would be fabulous if you could spare some of your time and work on
Translations!

I have compiled tips and rules that govern the W3C volunteer translations,
if you would like to have a look:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/2006JulSep/0047.html

Coralie Mercier      W3C Communications Team      mailto:coralie@w3.org
ERCIM/W3C - N112 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06560 Sophia Antipolis - FR
T:+33(0)492387590 F:+33(0)492387822  http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/