mistakes in translated text - LT

From: Andrius Survila <asurvila@inbox.lv>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:23:04 +0300
To: w3c-translators@w3.org

To Whom It May Concern
It is always pleasant to know that there are people who render their
service free; however, this should not be done at the expense of
quality.
I have made an express check on the Lithuanian version using just two
clicks to navigate from the W3C main page to
http://www.zongoo.com/xml-in-10-points.html , and one of the first
words that caught my eye was &ldquo;pagrindinű°&rdquo;, which is a
clear indication that this text was not even checked with a simple
spelling program (but the typist/translator did most probably not
watch what he was typing, as it was quite an awkward misspelling ).
Actually, I did not want to proceed with checking any longer, since I
was already sure the text contained lots of mistakes... I have just
looked at the text for the second time, and I immediately noticed
another mistake in &ldquo;teksttai&rdquo; (double &ldquo;t&rdquo;
instead of singular &ldquo;t&rdquo;). Really, it is already enough to
say this text must be seriously corrected.
Sincerely,

Andrius Survila

Advertisement:

Jaunais INBOX FUN! FUN visiem - www.fun.inbox.lv