RE: Translation

Please use the IANA Language Subtag Registry for language names, as indicated by BCP47.  You can find relevant codes for Ukraine and Ukrainian here: http://people.w3.org/rishida/utils/subtags/index.php?searchtext=ukrain&submit=Search&searchtype=2

uk is the code for Ukrainian (the language) and UA is the country code for Ukraine.

Please do not use three letter language codes. (See http://www.w3.org/TR/i18n-html-tech-lang/#ri20030112.224717800 and http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-lang-2or3.en.php )

What Bert probably should do, if there is confusion about Ukranian speakers recognising the uk subtag, is convert the link text from subtags to names of languages (in the appropriate script and language), ie. Українська

Cheers,
RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead