Re: Review period request for the WCAG 1.0 into Catalan.

[Note that the reply-to field is set to w3c-translators@w3.org]

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:57:03 -0400, Emmanuelle Gutiérrez y Restrepo
<emmanuelle@mi.madritel.es> wrote:

> Hi all,
> The reason for this message is to request the opening of a new revision
> period for the authorized translation into Catalan of the WCAG 1.0.
>
> This was the first translation following the W3C Authorized Translations
> new
> policy and the novelty of the process led to delays in the deadline
> fulfillment, and finally the deadline period seemed to be more important
> that the quality of the translation. There were technical, semantics and
> linguistic issues raised by the SIDAR team and admitted by the LTO and
> others that finally weren't added to the translation.
>
> We are wondering which is the process to follow to open a new revision
> deadline for a published document?
>
> Sincerely:
> Emmanuelle Gutiérrez y Restrepo, in behalf of the revision team of SIDAR
> for
> the WCAG
> 1.0 translation into catalán:
> Fernando Gutiérrez
> Arnau Siches

Dear Emmanuelle, all

I was surprised to see a request to reopen a revision period for the
Catalan authorized translation of WCAG 1.0, since this translation was
approved by the W3C, and announced formally [1] last 20 December 2006.

In addition, the review period was already extended twice, prior to the
official announcement of the translation.

The Lead Translation Organization are of the opinion that the W3C policy
was followed and that the approved translation has a high level of
quality, that several entities related to accessibility and Catalan
language participated in it and approved it. They believe that the Catalan
translation fulfills abundantly its mission of disseminate the guidelines
in the Catalan linguistic community, and remind of the fact that the only
official version is the original, English one.

For the above-mentioned reasons, no new revision period will be open for
the Catalan authorized translation of WCAG 1.0.

I thank all the parties involved for their collaboration and excellent
work.

[1] http://www.w3.org/News/2006#item247

--
Coralie Mercier  Communications | Administration  mailto:coralie@w3.org
    MIT/CSAIL - 32 Vassar St. - Room G530 - Cambridge, MA 02139 - USA