Re: [Fwd: HTML 4.01 - Bosnian]

> From: "Ciro Alibabich" <ciro_xyz@hotmail.com>
> To: w3c-translators@w3.org
> Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 20:18:41 +0200
> Subject: HTML 4.01 - Bosnian
>
> Hello!
>
> I would like to translate HTML 4.01 Recommendation into Bosnian, but I
> have
> one question:
> Which version of the documet should I translate: HTML, PDF or something
> third???
>
> I was thinking about doing HTML page by page...
>
> Regards!

I think the best is always to keep as close as you can to the original
document.
This implies :
- to use the HTML pages ;
- to keep the same names for files and anchors within files ;
- to keep the same structure ;
- to keep the same styling ;
etc.

So my advice would be, indeed, to translate the HTML version page by page.
Using the HTML will make you work easier as you only need to translate the
text displayed but can re-use the code "as is". (Try to translate everything
that could appear to the reader, though, including title and alt elements,
and some of the meta-data as well.)

Also, do not forget to add the usual "translation mention" at the beginning
: "This is a translated version of... which remains the only reference
document. All errors are mine etc." The usual stuff ;-)

Someone corrects me if I've said anything wrong !

Meanwhile, have fun !
Patrick Blanchenay