Re: Korean Translation of 'RDF Primer'

Dear Kyung Shim,

thank you for your efford in this. I have some remarks, though

- in the meantime, the document you translated reached Recommendation status. You said you
translated the Proposed Recommendation version; would it be possible to update it to the
Recommendation? The differences should be minor, but it may be way better to have that
version for the public.

- I am not sure I understood your second remark. Do you mean to say that KISTI will
*charge* for the translation, ie, the translation will be sold and will not be publicly
available? This would be most unfortunate, as all our documents *and* all the translations
thereof are freely available on the web. Furthermore, the legal statements that you refer
to in your mail also refers to the W3C Document Licensing rules [1] which clearly states that

"Permission to copy, and distribute the contents of this document [...] in any medium for
any purpose and without fee or royalty is hereby granted"

I hope that this is only a misunderstanding. If so, I will need the URL of your
translation, so that I could add it to the official translation list (however, if your
plan is indeed to charge for the translation than, unfortunately, I cannot do that...)

Sincerely

Ivan Herman

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-documents-20021231

--

Ivan Herman
W3C Communications Team, Head of Offices