Re: UBS wants to translate....

Hello Igor, everyone,

2003-09-02T01:19:36Z Igor Dolotin <igor.dolotin@ubs.ru> wrote:

> We would like to inform you that we are planning to translate these
> W3C Recommendations into Russian language:

> 1. SOAP Version 1.2 Part 0: Primer (Errata) 24 June 2003, Nilo Mitra;

etc.

> Please tell us can we do it (traslation in target dates mentioned
> above) and explain what's the procedure of beginning to translate
> (what we shall do in order to begin?).

Please note I'm not from the W3C Team, still we see no answer from
them for now so let me try to help.

You've already done everything you need to start the translation (i.e.
notified the W3C the translation has started). For further details see
the IPR FAQ at http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ.html or in
Russian at
http://croll.hotbox.ru/W3C/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620.html#translate
(Martin, sorry, I haven't erased it yet).

You may also find some interesting points at
http://w3.hotbox.ru/glossary.html and http://w3.hotbox.ru/names.html .
Apart from this I strongly encourage you to create a glossary of terms
and to discuss it with the translators listed at
http://www.w3.org/2003/03/Translations/byLanguage?language=ru
and the developers community at http://www.xmlhack.ru/forum/xml/ .

What about the planned deadlines I personnaly don't think it's
possible to finish the work on time if you aim at quality. Could you
provide more details concerning the translation team?

Good luck with your project!
Alex.
--
  Alexander "Croll" Savenkov                  http://www.thecroll.com/