Validator problems

From: Croll <kroll_@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 06:26:50 -0800 (PST)
To: w3c-translators@w3c.org
Dear Consortium!

You stand for the Web internationalization, but how
can it be reached, if no support for my language is
available?
For example, I tried to validate my page (it was in
russian and the lang and xml:lang attributes were "ru"
which satnded for Russian)
but the validator said to me it is an "invalid
language"! Is it?
In addition, I have found that the translations page
(http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translations) doesn't
have any information about Russian translations. You
have to check all the Recommendations in order to find
a specification in Russian (don't say it is just in
progress, some pages are available).
Could you fix these problems please?
Thank you in advance.
Alexander "Croll" Crollev.