Re: redistribution terms

The W3C "hosts" the WWW Security FAQ and now that you raise the issue I
wonder about its copyright status. However, I presume Lincoln holds the
copyright and agrees that it be distributed under the W3C license, and
consequently translatable if the conditions are met.

I'd recommend that if you follow the conditions [1] then you may translate
it provided that you provide a copy to Lincoln, perhaps he can find it a
public home. If Lincoln agrees to this (he's cc:d), I see no problem.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620.html#translate

At 08:58 9/4/2000 +0900, muramatsu wrote:
>Dear Mr. Reagle:
>
>Thank you for your quick response.
>It's "The World Wide Web Security FAQ" at
>http://www.w3.org/Security/faq/.
>
>I appreciate your kind help.
>
>Best regards,
>Yuriko Muramatsu