Re: [Forwarded from Andy Camps] Volunteer as translator for HTML4.01 in Dutch

Hello Andy,

There is no special permission needed for putting a translation
online. Indeed, we very much *incourage* you and everybody else to put
translations online, as that's where the web is :-).
The only condition is that you anounce where you put it to this list.

Regards,   Martin.

At 17:40 00/01/11 -0500, Andy Camps wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to volunteer as a translator for the HTML 4.01 standard
> (December 24, 1999). The document I want to translate:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html401
>
> I noticed that for some languages the translation is available on-line. Do
> I need a special permission to put my translation on-line? What do I have
> to do if so?
>
> Source: (http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/html40.zip)
> Destination language: Dutch (Belgium)
>
> Greetz,
>
> Andy Camps
> andy.camps@wanadoo.be
> or
> andy.camps@playgarden.com -> and its not Childs play!

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org