Re: XML translation

At 22:51 98/03/09 +0100, Stefan Mintert wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Recently I've send a question about the credit for a translation (in the
> list archive it's the file .../1998JanMar/0027.html). Until now there's no
> response. I'm sorry for urging you, however, could someone of the W3C staff
> please send a short note about the status of my question. We (Henning Behme
> and I) would really like to translate the three parts of XML (XML 1.0,
> Linking, and Style), but we'd like to know if we're credited for our work.

Hello Stefan,

It is very obvious that you should be credited for your work.
The question is how exactly this should be done. For the W3C,
it is very important that the original specs remain intact even
if translated. This means that some suitable space has to be
found for crediting you. This place is called a "wrapper".
In a book, a cover page before the actual translation would
say that this translation was carried out by you and your
cotranslators. On the web, your names would appear in the
list of translations, e.g.
     <A HREF....>German translation</A> (by Stefan Mintert,...)
and/or on a special wrapper page.

I hope this answers your questions. If not, please feel free
to ask more.

Regards,   Martin.

P.S.: Please note that XML 1.0 is a Recommendation, and would
therefore be a nice target for translation, but for XLL and XSS,
only notes are available, and they will surely change in the
future, so trying to translate these currently will most probably
mean more frustration than satisfaction.