Re: spam? <- Do not respond to spam whith more spam!

[I'm sorry for this off topic message, but I think it is an important
question]

Sarah Mueller wrote:
> There has to be something the list administrators can do
> about the spam.

The mailinglist is unmoderated, so right now it isn't possible to stop
the spam (At least That is what Gerald told me!). I urge everyone
concerned to mail w3 and tell them that these UCE:s annoys you and
that w3 should _rapidly_ do something about this probem. You can mail
Gerald Oskoboiny, <gerald@w3.org>, he is the postmaster at w3.

> If enough of us "complain" about the junk
> to the senders, maybe we can flood their mailboxes and "discourage"
> further messages.

The appropriate thing to do is to write a mail and complain to their
domain postmaster. Do not flood anyone, that is just as bad as them
spamming us in the first place. Very often the emails in the spam are
fake and do not work or goes to someone who is innocent.

I have nothing to do whith w3 (other than that i translate html4-docs
to swedish :) so do not mail me about the UCE. I don't want to discuss
this problem on the list (as it is _very_ off topic). But if you have
any questions about this mail, i'll be glad to responce privately by
email.

Regards
Fredrik Jonson
pt97fjo@student.hk-r.se