Re: SD1 - Short End Tags [fmt]

It is so much easier to talk to oneself than to others! :)

I have to disagree with this.  It is true that if I am sending a database
extract to myself (i.e., my java server app to the java applet I sent to the
client), then I can do this.  However, if it is your server app to _my_ client
app which is receiving answers from 8 other servers simultaneously, I would
much rather have 8 versions of:

> <author>
> 	<firstname>foo</firstname>
> 	<lastname>bar</lastname>
> </author>

than have each server alpha-rename the tags to different incomprehensible tags,
especially when some might switch lastname and firstname.

Matthew Fuchs
matt@wdi.disney.com