Re: Link-1: Syntax

At 11:37 18/5/97 -0700, Tim Bray wrote:
>We have a botch at the moment in that the hyperlink #HERE is ambiguous,
>does it mean the linking element, or does it mean ID(HERE)?  We need to
>fix the syntax to solve this.

This is the problem with 'stealing' the reserved name indicator for the
separator between the URL and the fragment name:-) #HERE actually begins
with a reserved name indicator that clearly indicates it is not the same
thing as ID(HERE). Therefore a more correct solution would be to require
##HERE to differentiate the RNI variant from a plain fragment reference
#HERE variant.
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.sgml.u-net.com/