Re: 1.4 h: Explainer?

From: Jon Bosak <bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 16:49:26 -0800
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
CC: bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM
[Liora Alschuler:]

| This is a link caption so call it a "link caption" or if there are
| reasons not to use caption, then some of the other common words
| already used to describe what it does: "link title" or "link subtitle"

I don't like "explainer" either (there seems to be a consensus
building on the dislike, anyway), but "caption" is too
presentationally specific; you wouldn't want to call this a caption if
it were an item in a menu list, for example.  I would suggest "label"
(that is, more formally, "link label").

Jon