Re: Section 0: Naming

Len Bullard wrote:

> Eve L. Maler wrote:
> >
> > I like Hyper-XML -- a lot! -- as the short name, and Hypertext Enabled XML
> > as the long name.  In fact, for the short version, HyperXML spelled solid,
> > without the hyphen, looks even better.
> >
> >         Eve
> >
> > At 08:21 PM 2/4/97 +0000, Digitome Ltd. wrote:
> > >I think we should look for some marketing spin in the naming. I am
> > >not a marketing type and am distinctly unqualified to offer an opinion but
> > >that never stopped me before:-)
> > >
> > >I suggest we call it "Hyper-X" being the short name for "Hyper-XML" being
> > >the short name for "Hypertext enhanced eXtensible Markup Language"
> > >
> > >Sean Mc Grath
> > >digitome@iol.ie
>
> I like it too.  Nice, Sean.
>
> len

Is there any chance of confusing Hyper-X or Hyper-XML with Hyper-G, now known
as HyperWave, the web server and web authoring software from the Technical
University in Graz? I believe that they are in the process of commercializing
this software. It certainly has its followers.

-Todd.
========
Todd Freter
Sun Microsystems, Inc.