Re: ERB call on addressing

On Tue, 1 Apr 1997 08:56:59 -0500 Peter Murray-Rust said:
>In message <3.0.32.19970323180259.009bc5d0@pop.intergate.bc.ca> Tim Bray
>writes:
>whilst later
>In message <199703280148.UAA06240@www10.w3.org> Michael Sperberg-McQueen
>writes:
>The *syntax* of these two are different.

N.B. My discussion was introduced with the words "Suppose we were to say
(this is not a proposal, though I wouldn't mind if it made enough sense
to become one ...)" and it should not be taken as a paraphrase of
any ERB decision.

So the answer to your question

>Are they equivalent and the application must handle both?  Or is there
>going to be convergence at some time? (Not being a TEI user I don't know
>whether there is a common practice here).

is "no they are not equivalent, and no an application is not required to
handle both."

Sorry for any confusion.

-CMSMcQ