Re: RS/RE: basic questions

At 10:12 AM 9/23/96 -0600, William D. Lindsey wrote:
>I'll add another of my own --
>
>5) Precisely what the tool builders, whose support is fundamental to
>   XML's success, are used to seeing in computer languages.

This is a bit misleading since we're discussing a markup language rather
than a programming language. The only markup language that I know of
that uses the "quoted-text" model is MIF (Maker Interchange Format).
DSR (Digital Standard Runoff) does require that *most* markup be at the
beginning of a line, sort of the inverse of the quoted-text proposal.

bob

Robert Streich				streich@slb.com
Schlumberger				voice: 1 512 331 3318
Austin Research				fax:   1 512 331 3760