Re: Element Structure for XML (Clause 7)

> From: Charles@SGMLsource.com (Charles F. Goldfarb)
> Cc: paul@arbortext.com, w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
> Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 09:12:26 GMT
>
> On Thu, 12 Sep 1996 08:37:04 +0000, jjc@jclark.com (James Clark) wrote:
>

> >> Date: Wed, 11 Sep 96 17:32:16 CDT
> >> From: Paul Grosso <paul@arbortext.com>
> >
> >> Fourth, I still just don't get it.  What's so hard about PIs?
> >
> >One thing that's hard is the rules about how REs adjacent to PIs are
> >handled.
> >
> I may be embarrassing myself here, but aren't markup declarations and PIs
> treated eqivalently?

Yes and included elements too.  I'm hoping we can find some way to
avoid them all in mixed content or at least circumscribe their use so
that the RE handling is simplified.  If we didn't have PIs, we would
be one step closer to this.  But maybe we can't manage without them.

James