Re: What is scope of "RDF Core"?

At 05:27 PM 2/18/03 +0000, Brian McBride wrote:

>At 16:37 18/02/2003 +0000, Graham Klyne wrote:
>
>>With reference to this comment:
>>
>>[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0166.html
>>
>>What do we consider to be the scope of "RDF core"?
>>
>>I think that RDF core consists of the bare RDF language, RDF vocabulary
>>and RDFS vocabulary, with corresponding entailments and intended
>>interpretations.  I.e. the scope of this working group.
>>
>>Any dissent?
>
>I'm not sure why you are asking this question?  If you you need to take
>this to the WG it should go on the comments list.

Well it was, I thought, an editorial issue which in no way changes the
meaning of RDF as described, but a terminological issue that I don't recall
we've discussed.  As such, I thought a quick check with the WG to see if we
all had the same understanding was a quick and easy question.

>FWIW, I'm not sure why we need this term.  I've looked at a few cases
>where its been used in comments and it seemed one could avoid using it
>entirely.  I wonder also whether we need to check for consistent use
>across documents.  Which documents contain the term, other than to refer
>to the WG?

I guess we don't.  I'll plan on editorializing it out.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>