Re: Erratum to XML 1.0 spec to allow xml:lang=""

IMO, lang="" in the abstract graph should be illegal.

I would rather see xml:lang="" as an RDF/XML mechanism
only, that has no explicit representation in the graph.

The whole point of adding xml:lang="" is to turn off any
higher scope xml:lang assertion, and the results in the
graph should be the same as if no xml:lang attribute had
been used at all in the RDF/XML, insofar as its effect
on literal node labels in the graph.

Thus:

   <rdf:RDF ... xml:lang="en">
   <rdf:Description>
      <foo>bar</foo>
   </rdf:Description>
   <rdf:Description xml:lang="">
      <foo>bas</foo>
   </rdf:Description>

gives us the literal nodes bar-en and bas (but not bas-"" or
any such null language indication in the abstract syntax).

Cheers,

Patrick

[Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 50) 483 9453, patrick.stickler@nokia.com]