Re: Datatype test cases/ datatype entailment/ datatype support.

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> [[
> The cross-datatype entailment test cases are reasonably clear cut, from
> a mathematical point of view, I think. But Patrick raises a good point
> when he asks (with a weather eye on implementation?) "what does it mean
> to say that datatype X is supported?"
> ]]
>
> Are the test cases primarily, tests for implementors; or are they primarily
> tests about our language.

I agree with Jeremy; the test cases are indended to be illustrative.
It's just a happy coincidence* that we've got an implementation that can
run the (majority of the?) entailment tests.

jan

* for some values of, plus a lot of Jos' hard work

Donate a signature: http://ioctl.org/jan/sig-submit